Backed by venture and social impact investors, EduNav’s team is passionate about technology’s potential to change lives, and our course-to-career solutions are doing just that on campuses across the US. Our leadership team combines that passion with lessons learned leading (and founding) well-known EdTech companies to set us apart.
We are looking to grow our team with a Business Development Representative who will serve as the liaison between our Sales and Marketing teams. To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A passion for technology’s role in increasing college completion rates.
- An incessant desire to understand how higher ed leaders tackle their institutions’ most important strategic goals.
- Strong communication skills, both in written and verbal forms.
As our BDR, you will be at the forefront of our company’s growth, backed by the support and strategic guidance of experienced Sales and Marketing leaders. You’ll play a key role in developing Marketing’s top of funnel leads into business opportunities for our Sales team. You’ll also have the chance to tap into your innate creativity and growing knowledge of the higher ed industry to come up with meeting-generating campaigns yourself.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the higher ed market and work with Sales and Marketing leadership on campaigns that use these opportunities to expand our company’s reach
- Use your research skills to build contact lists for account-based marketing campaigns
- Draft and send emails, script and have calls, and record and send videos that compel top and middle of funnel prospects to schedule time with our Sales team
- Schedule meetings between prospects and our Sales team
- Report to the VP of Sales and VP of Marketing on weekly/monthly/quarterly outreach done, engagement seen, and meetings booked
- Stay up to date with new student success products/services as well as the higher education industry trends that lead to the development of those products/services
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and skills
- 2+ years of experience working in/selling to the higher education industry
- 4-year post-secondary education/Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Marketing and Sales Operations technology, including HubSpot and Salesforce, but most importantly Vidyard and Salesloft
- Familiarity and comfort collaborating remotely through Slack, OneDrive, and Confluence
- Grasp of sales performance metrics — what they mean and how to use them to optimize your outreach
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations