10 Apr COVID-19 Resources for Higher Education
In the face of COVID-19, the world is coming together to support one another—and higher education is no exception. EduNav has been encouraged to see our colleagues and friends reaching across the aisle, collaborating, and sharing to ease the burden we all feel. It is in that spirit that we’ve curated this extensive list of free digital COVID-19 resources developed for higher education. This list includes links to other organizations’ webinars, guides, articles, and newsfeeds.
This post will be updated daily as new resources are submitted. If you would like to submit a resource used by your institution, please email email@example.com.
General Higher Ed
- Self Care for Higher Education Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic, National Society of Leadership and Success
A discussion on how to implement self-care strategies during a time of immense stress and grief, featuring a licensed mental health counselor.
- Continuity Through COVID-19: A Discussion with Florida International University, EduNav
April 30th at 2 PM EST. FIU has leveraged its experience with hurricanes and other threats to move not only all classes online, but also a wide range of services students typically accessed on campus, including advising and enrollment management. Hear from Valerie Johnsen, Associate Provost for Academic and Career Success, about what’s worked, what FIU needs to do better, their plans for summer and fall, and her recommendations.
- Thinking Boldly about Scarce Resources, Association of American Colleges and Universities
A previously recorded webinar on crisis management, allocating resources, and long-term growth in the face of fiscal challenges.
- Higher Ed and the Coronavirus, The Chronicle of Higher Education
A Facebook group with over 20K members by The Chronicle of Higher Education, a community for readers to share their stories and questions and to keep up with The Chronicle’s latest reporting.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Group on ACE Engage, The American Council on Education
Only accessible to ACE members.
- Coronavirus Print & Social Media Resources to Help #StoptheSpread, Canva
Free posters, PDFs, and social media graphics.
- Recommendations for Higher Education, The Center for Disease Control
- COVID-19 Response Resources, Achieving the Dream
Includes actionable guides, webinars, and resources for faculty, staff, and administrators. They are also offering free, 45-minute consultations for any active college in the ATD network. You can learn about that here.
- 6 Steps to Prepare for an Online Fall Semester, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- FERPA & Virtual Learning During Covid-19, US Department of Education
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) and COVID-19, Congressional Research Service
- The CARES Act: How Much Your Institution Will Get In Emergency Aid, DataWrapper
- Advising in Times of Disruption, Ohio State University
- Academic Advising with Zoom, Kansas State University
A video by Jacob Fleming, Academic Advisor for the online Dietetics program at Kansas State University. This video covers everything from downloading and setting up Zoom, to scheduling appointments, hosting drop-in hours, and sharing your screen.
- Academic Advising Resources in Response to COVID-19, NACADA
Best practices recommendations, recordings, and articles on academic advising.
- Resources for Advisors During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Community College Research Center
A brief article with key resources centered on advising.
- 5 Tips for Equitable Online Advising, EduNav
Online Instruction & Pedagogy
- Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption, Stanford University
- Thoughts & Resources for Those About to Start Teaching Online Due to COVID-19, Hastac
- Organizing Your Online Course, Association of College and University Educators
Webinar recording and online teaching toolkit.
- Handling Exams When Your Course Unexpectedly Moves Online, Indiana University Bloomington
- Finding Music Resources, Gettysburg College
A list of digital music resources broken down by discipline.
- COVID-19 Resource Page, EduCause
Includes featured articles, guides, webinars, and links on topics including working remotely, student accessibility, and news coverage.
- 8 Ways to Be More Inclusive in Your Zoom Teaching, The Chronicle of Higher Education
How faculty members can ensure that they are considering inclusivity while teaching classes using Zoom.
- How Technology Can Support Student Success during COVID-19, EduCause
Equity & Inclusion
- A Resource: Impacts Of Covid-19 On First-Generation Students Experienced Across Institutions Of Higher Education, Center for First Generation Student Success
- Teaching in a Time of Uncertainty, Emory University
- Learning Design Strategies That Promote Student Inclusivity And Accessibility, Instructional Design on Pressbooks
- COVID-19 – Racial Equity & Social Justice Resources, Racial Equity Tools
- Hate, Xenophobia, and COVID-19: How Should Higher Ed Respond? (Webinar), PEN America’s Campus Free Speech Program
- COVID-19 Community Resources, NAPSA
Updates, webinars, and example policies related to student affairs.
- AVP Dialogue Series, NAPSA
Live discussions on topics impacting students affairs and AVPs or equivalents.
Registrar, Enrollment, & Admissions
- Coronavirus and College Admission, National Society for College Admission Counseling
Tools, updates, podcasts, and even work from home resources all about college admissions.
- COVID-19 Crisis Practices, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
Includes event signups and guides broken down by topic such as FERPA, admissions, or commencement.
- How the Coronavirus Will Impact Enrollment, The Chronicle for Higher Education
- Free 3 month AACRO Membership, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
Free April, May, and June membership for any institution that is not already a member, granting access to resources like webinars, guides, and articles.
- Coronavirus: Updates, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Career Center Resource Hub, Handshake
- Service Learning During Coronavirus: Easy Ideas for Every Subject, Shannon Orr: Bowling Green State University
Student Conduct & Title IX
- Charting the Uncharted: Addressing Changes To Investigations and Adjudications During Campus Closures and Times of Social Distancing, SUNY
Webinar Series and additional resources.
- Surviving #COVID-19: A #REALCOLLEGEGUIDE for Students, Hope4College
Includes how to stay healthy, find a safe place to live, and manage finances. Hope4College has a full page of resources here.
- Scholarships, National Association for Campus Activities
- Adjusting your study habits during COVID, University of Michigan
A great resource for students who are struggling with the adjustment to online learning.
Higher Ed News
- Live Updates: Latest News on Coronavirus and Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed
Live news updates from Inside Higher Ed. An archive of news from before April 5 on the coronavirus and higher ed can be found here.
- Higher Ed and the Coronavirus, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coronavirus Hits Campus, The Chronicle of Higher Education
A list of key news coverage of the coronavirus and higher ed.
EduNav’s powerful, differentiated technology for higher education integrates both supply and demand information in a single analytic platform for institution-wide planning and decision making. EduNav supports advisors and students by developing education plans in minutes, helps students stay on track, and allows institutions to achieve their retention and completion goals. To manage supply, our technology informs customers with key insights for making course optimization and planning decisions. You can learn more about how our technology supports The Intelligent Institution here.